Mission and Vision
The project HEPA will enable a resource to be developed across partner countries each with their own cultural and societal challenges to physical activity promotion in young people. Working transnationally we will enable partners to both work and learn across their own country and system borders and we will enable the development of a school-based global resource co-produced between partners and key stakeholders, to address a global issue.
- Overall, the project mission is to promote the use of a whole school approach to health-enhancing physical activity (HEPA) across Europe.
- A key part of the project is to develop educational modules concerning health-enhancing physical activity within school settings.
- The educational modules will be developed transnationally across partner countries each with their own cultural and societal challenges to physical activity promotion in young people.
- The educational modules will provide participants with a unique opportunity to develop their knowledge and apply actions toward HEPA within their own school setting.
- Transnationally produce the educational modules concerning HEPA in schools for school-based staff (teachers, head teachers, school governors, support staff) informed by the World Health Organization Global Action Plan for Physical Activity (GAPPA).
- Provide the educational modules to school staff, supporting them to draw upon the four GAPPA objectives together in an applied way, promoting a whole- schools/systems approach to addressing inactivity and HEPA.
- Understand the experience of using the educational modules via an online evaluation
- Update education modules following feedback from the online evaluation
- Make the educational modules accessible to all via an online format